Empirix Inc., the market leader of service quality assurance solutions for new IP communications, today announced that recent product development, acquisition and customer growth have helped Empirix grow as a company and maintain its market leader position. As validated by the acknowledgement of various industry awards, Empirix is well poised to maintain its position as a global leader and the service assurance provider of choice for leading enterprises, service providers and network equipment manufacturers.
Learn more: Meet the Empirix Management Team
“IP communications is rapidly evolving and enabling a host of new solutions. Empirix strives to assure quality for the greatest number of communications protocols, media types and applications possible and for organizations of any size,” said John D’Anna, president and CEO, Empirix. “This approach has been validated time and again as companies that depend on solid communications and a great customer experience commit to quality assurance from Empirix.”
Acquisition: Empirix enhanced the company’s global position while strengthening offerings for mobile and quad-play providers through the acquisition of Mutina Technology. Empirix acquired privately held Mutina Technology S.p.A. of Italy in June, enabling the company to offer an expanded set of mobile core monitoring solutions and extend its presence in EMEA and Asia Pacific. Mutina provides monitoring surveillance and analysis technologies for Mobile Broadband (MBB), Next Generation Networks (NGN), SS7/Sigtran Signaling, VoD/IPTV and IP Core for Telecom and Enterprise Networks. The combination of the Empirix Hammer XMS™ solution with the IPXPlorer® system from Mutina offers quad-play providers a service assurance solution with a full end-to-end view of their networks. In addition, Mutina’s innovative, hand-held device will enable technicians to bring these technologies out into the field for real-time service quality assurance.
Learn more: Partnering with Empirix
Advancing the Industry
Empirix assisted in the promotion of network testing and interoperability standards by offering its industry expertise to help found the Network Test Automation Forum (NTAF). Along with other industry leaders, Empirix played a key role in creating a new industry initiative to develop a testing framework to increase productivity and streamline product development lifecycles.
Empirix continues to focus on strengthening the company’s presence in Latin America; new activities in the region include:
- Expansion in Mexico—Clevertech, a provider of integrated IT and communications solutions, has become a new Empirix channel partner in Mexico. Additionally, Empirix was a featured presenter on migrating to unified communications and assuring the customer experience at Congreso MundoContact Mexico 2010, a prestigious IP telephony event in the region.
The world’s largest enterprises, service providers and network equipment manufacturers use Empirix’s solutions to assure the performance of their IP communications. Empirix has made several additions to the customer base, including those mentioned in previous press releases:
- Angel.com––To ensure issues are resolved before they impact the customer, this leading provider of cloud-based customer experience solutions delivered via a SaaS platform selected Empirix’s Voice Watch® Monitoring solution and the Hammer Test Engine™ to test, monitor and measure network performance in real-time.
- Suddenlink––A top 10 multiple system operator (MSO) in the U.S., Suddenlink selected Empirix’s Hammer XMS to help cut operational costs by monitoring the company’s network to identify issues that may negatively affect the customer. By helping Suddenlink more easily troubleshoot and fix issues before they impact service, Hammer XMS enables the company to efficiently assure network quality while also enhancing its ROI.
- 360networks––This facilities-based wholesaler of VoIP, Private Line Transport, IP and Local Access services selected Empirix’s Hammer XMS to enhancethe monitoring and troubleshooting for more than 17,200 route miles of fiber optic network across the western U.S. By providing increased efficiency for analyzing, diagnosing and troubleshooting network issues, as well as providing the ability to correlate multiple VoIP and SS7 protocols, Hammer XMS enables 360networks to deliver high quality services to their customers.
- Tellfree–– A provider of Multimedia Communications in Brazil focused on small, medium and large businesses, as well as residential consumers; Tellfree is using Empirix’s Hammer XMS solution for monitoring and troubleshooting the company’s VoIP network nationwide. The solution was provided by Taitell Telecom, an Empirix partner specializing in supplying equipment for telecommunication companies.
Learn more: Browse Empirix Customer Success Stories
Product Enhancements and New Offerings
Empirix product and service offerings provide continued value by mitigating the risks associated with deploying new unified communications technologies, upgrading existing systems and applications, and more. These new products and services include:
- Hammer G5™ solution—Empirix’s Hammer G5 solution is now compliant with key IP telephony and contact center solutions from Avaya, a leading global provider of business communications applications, systems and services. Hammer G5 was compliance-tested by the Avaya Solution Interoperability and Test Lab for compatibility with Avaya Aura™ Communication Manager 5.2, and with Avaya Aura™ SIP Enablement Services 5.2 on Avaya S8700s and G650 Media Gateway.
- Hammer XMS Enhanced for Mobile Core Architectures––Mobile service providers now have a fully integrated network monitoring and analysis solution with the latest release of Hammer XMS. It includes a rich suite of protocol support for both GSM and CDMA networks including MAP, CAP, IS-41, CAMEL and WIN services, complementing existing SS7/C7 and IMS protocol support. Hammer XMS extends its hallmark end-to-end network view across TDM and IP domains to the mobile market, giving operators unparalleled visibility into the customer experience throughout the core network.
- OneSight® Voice Quality Assurance solution––Empirix developed the OneSight Voice Quality Assurance solution to help organizations optimize their IP telephony networks and assure voice quality for contact centers and unified communications solutions by actively monitoring bi-directional voice quality across multiple, geographically dispersed sites. With the OneSight Voice Quality Assurance solution, any enterprise can emulate realistic end-user behavior before an agent, employee or customer ever picks up the phone.
- Hammer G5™ 1.5.8—Hammer G5 is an automated, scalable performance test solution for verifying IP Communications products, applications and networks. Hammer G5 has been updated in release 1.5.8 to include advanced support for Avaya SIP and H.323 capabilities along with extended Cisco Skinny (SCCP) support, including Start Phone and Stop Phone enhancements. With release 1.5.8, the Hammer G5 now also supports UNIStim (Unified Networks IP Stimulus), a Nortel (now Avaya) proprietary call control protocol, by providing emulation of UNIStim terminals and service quality assurance of UNIStim based IP telephony deployments.
- Hammer CallMaster™ 5.4—The latest release of Hammer CallMaster, the company’s easy to use GUI software solution for test development, debug, scheduling and reporting, added support for Vista and Windows 7 operating systems.
Empirix continues to maintain its position as a market leader, evidenced by the following awards:
- TMCnet’s Unified Communications® Product of the Year Award for Hammer Edge™
- TMCnet’s INTERNET TELEPHONY® 12th Annual Product of the Year Award for Hammer Edge
- TMCnet’s Customer Interaction Solutions® Product of the Year Award for Empirix OneSight
- Empirix was named to the VAR500 list, ranked among North America’s top 500 technology integrators by Everything Channel
Empirix is the recognized leader in end-to-end network performance visibility with the unique ability to analyze customer behaviors by application in real time. We help service providers, mobile operators and enterprises optimize business processes to reduce operational costs, maximize customer retention and grow top-line revenue. Through monitoring, analytics and intelligence, Empirix helps companies around the world realize the full value of their technology investments.
Empirix is a trademark of Empirix, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
More Empirix news
Assure customer experience with flexible, cloud-based test automation Empirix® Inc., the leader in test automation and network and service performance monitoring, assurance and analytics today announced the availability of self-service,…
A Q&A with IDC analyst, Melinda-Carol Ballou seeking practical advice and guidance on how to overcome barriers to accelerating release cycles.
Cloud-Based Conference Bridge Monitoring Solution Now Available Conference calls have been at the very core of business operations for decades. In fact, teleconferencing was first introduced in 1964 by AT&T…
Empirix has been identified as one of the top 25 best software companies to work for in the Boston area in 2020 – ranked 15th to be exact. This esteemed…